Mixing prints are somewhat harder than it looks especially when they are rocked stylishly. Just Urban Fashion has put together 3 basic steps on how to mix prints for beginners! Make sure you grab your pens ladies, this one is a must read!
1. STICK WITH THE COLOR ASSEMBLE
What this means is if its black, let it be black. Its not advisable to play with too many colours while mixing prints together. Keep it simple and basic. Remember, less is more.
2. ADD A POP OF SOLID TO MIX PRINT
A Touch of bold colors won’t hurt. Go wild, experiment, it could be your shoes, bag, vest or belt.. Just make sure you are still following your colour theme. Remember, solid and bold colours bring out the beauty in print outfits.
3. Keep it simple and chic
Prints with basic colours help to avoid a wild clash of patterns with the outfit. Be simple! Or rather just stick with one print instead of creating a fashion tornado.
A FEW EXTRA TIPS!
- Stripes & floral is a no-fail classic combo
- Different prints can go together when one is large and the other small. Just look for the same colour family.
- Leopard print should be treated as a neutral and base.
- Polka dots & stripes always work.