Do you want to know how your skin can glow this valentines day? Well, since valentines day is just around the corner (literally tomorrow) we decided to compile a list of 10 valentines day skincare tips to make your skin glow and have your makeup popping on your special day.
- Drink plenty of water Hydrated skin looks more healthy and brighter. If you struggle with drinking water, we suggest you try infused water, by adding any of your favourite fruits into your bottle of water. You can also buy a large bottle with a straw. This will remind you to drink water daily, and the straw makes the water easier to access, therefore less stressful.
- Wash your face with a brightening cleanser Try using a brightening cleanser to wash your face. A cleanser that has lemon or papaya will be the best bet for a glowy skin just in time for vals day. You can also try a clay cleanser to wash out all the toxins from your face.
- Use a detox clay mask Clay masks are one of the best detoxifying masks out there. Use a detox clay mask for your valentines day skincare.
- Get an exfoliating facial Exfoliating skin takes off the dead skin cells and instantly brightens skin. Try using an exfoliating scrub for your valentines day skincare. You can also walk into your nearest beauty parlour and ask for an exfoliating facial.
- Apply vitamin C serum Now Vitamin C serums have been getting a lot of recognition and good reviews for a reason. They work. If you need that quick fix before valentines day, apply a vitamin C serum to your face continuously for a few days leading up to that day, and watch the magic happen.
- Use eye serum A lot of people (especially women of colour), suffer from hyperpigmentation under their eyes. If this is you, then no worries. You can get rid of your under eye circles with an effective eye serum. Be careful to pick the right serum, however, because the skin under the eye is so sensitive.
- Moisturize Use a hydrating moisturizer to leave your skin feeling soft, smooth and glowy.
- Avoid eating sweets before valentines day Junk food not only cause you to gain weight, they are also very bad for your skin. Think about that the next time you get cravings.
- Let your skin breath Too much makeup can leave your skin feeling tired and dull. You need to let your skin go without makeup for a while leading up to valentines.
- Sleep This is a good way to rejuvenate
theskin and have it looking healthy.