From all the ‘how to make’ tutorials out there, foodie tutorials are honestly one of our favourites. So when we came across this appetizing almond shortbread cookies recipe by Chef Cupid, we jumped on it.
Chef Cupid is a Lagos based pastry chef at The Burgundy restaurant in Lagos, Nigeria. Not only that, but he is also a Chef instructor at reddishchronicles; one of the leading culinary schools in Nigeria. This business owner and dream Chef
Follow Chef Cupid here
Here is his recipe on how to make crunchy almond shortbread cookies with a nutty buttery Nutella filling. We hope you not only read it but also use
What you will need
- 8 Tbsp unsalted butter softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- A drop almond extract
- 1 1/4 cup sifted all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup ground almonds
- zest of one lemon
- 1/2 tsp salt
Steps to make almond shortbread cookies
- In a large bowl cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Stir in the beaten egg and almond extract
- Add the flour, ground almonds, salt and lemon zest until the dough just comes together.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured surface and knead into a ball.
- Divide the dough in half and roll each half into a log.
- Wrap each log in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least an hour. The dough can be frozen at this point for use at a later date.
- Preheat the oven to 350°
- Line two baking sheets with parchment or use silicone mats
- Remove the dough from the plastic wrap and cut into 1/4″ discs and place on the prepared baking sheets
- Bake until the edges just turn golden brown – about 15 minutes.
- Let cool on the baking sheets for 3 or 4 minutes and remove to cooling racks to cool completely