Say no to boring looking moimoi and embrace this Nigerian moimoi rollup recipe.
Watch the video here, or
Get right down to it:
Ingredients For The Nigerian MoiMoi Rollup
- 2 cup peeled beans
- 1 medium Onion (Halved)
- 2 Red Pepper (Tatashe) (Halved )
- Small Ginger (peeled)(optional)
- 1 Spring green onion (optional)
- 3 eggs ( 1 boiled, 2
- 2 tablespoon oil or butter
- 2 cube
maggior any other seasoning
- Salt – To taste
- Preheat oven to 350F
- In a blender: combine beans, onion, 1 part red pepper, 1 part onion, 1/2 cup water and ginger. Puree to a fine paste
- Chop leftover pepper and onion.
- Slice up the egg and mince the green onion if using. Set aside.
- Melt butter.
- Add in maggi, salt, pepper flakes. Stir to combine.
- Add in pureed beans and raw egg. Mix well using a mixing pin or hand mixer (3-5 minutes)
- Line an oven tray with culinary parchment (or aluminium foil).
- Pour in the
moi moibatter and spread out evenly. Shake pan gently to distribute.
- Top with chopped ingredients
moi moifor 15-20 minutes (until lifted at the edges and set) As soon as you remove the moi moifrom the oven, start the roll.
- Starting at one short end, peel off
parchmentuntil rolled to the end
Send us pictures if you try it, and stand a chance to be featured on our social media pages!