We are all about diversity in cooking, and trying new and amazing African food recipes. This particular one is from Afrolems, and we are honestly glad we tried it because it was amazing. This garri recipe is for kanyan; a Liberian snack made with Garri and groundnut.
In case you don’t know what Garri is, it is food made from processed cassava. It is one of the traditional delicacies in most African countries like Nigeria. The only big issue is that not a lot of diversity has been put into this amazingly diverse food. So with this new recipe, we hope you can re-invent how you eat garri.
Garri Reciepe (Kayan)
1/2 cup of Garri
11/4 cups of Groundnuts (Roasted Peanuts)
1.5 tablespoons of Sugar
3 Tablespoons of Honey
Read Also | Three Plantain Cups Recipes You Should Try
- Blend your garri till smooth.
- Also, blend your peanuts till smooth.
- Blend your garri with the sugar and slowly pour in the honey.
- Add the peanut butter and blend till mixture is fairly smooth.
- If using a mortar and pestle, pound ingredients in smaller quantities and increase till all ingredients are exhausted.
- Scoop the mix into a bowl and smoothen to mould into a large square shape.
- On a flat plate, flip over the bowl with the mould and cut into small squares.
- Alternatively, scoop the mix into your palm and roll into a ball.