We have all been there. we cooked too much white rice and now all our stew is gone but the rice is still remaining. Do we throw it away or do we keep it in the fridge and risk having it get all soft and brittle the next time we want to use it? What if there was a third option? What if there was a way to make this rice taste even better than it did with your stew? That’s right folks, we are gonna be teaching you how to turn your leftover white rice to stir fry rice!
What you will need
- 1 Teaspoon Chopped Fresh root Ginger
- 2 Spring Onions
- 1 Tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 3 Tablespoon Oyster Sauce
- ½ Teaspoon Ground Red Pepper
- ½ Red Bell Pepper, Sliced into thin strips
- 3 Cups Cooked White Rice
- 3 Tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- ½ Green Bell Pepper, Sliced into thin strips
- 1 Carrot, Sliced into thin strips
- 1 Cup Stir fry Beef
- Salt To Taste
- 1 Small Onion, chopped
- 1 Garlic Clove, Crushed
And here is how to get your stir fry rice
- First, you will stir fry beef strips that are easier to cook. Then, sprinkle Salt and Pepper over the beef and allow it to sit for 5 minutes.
- While it sits, heat up non-stick pan, add a tablespoon of vegetable oil.
- When the pan is hot, put your stir fry beef and stir for 2 minutes till it gets brown.
- Then add Onions, Ginger , Garlic, Green Pepper, Red Pepper and Carrot, to it. Stir fry for a minute.
- Once your minute is up and the veggies have sufficiently cooked, add rice and stir so it doesn’t get clumpy.
- Add soy sauce, oyster sauce, and the stir fry.
- Once cooked, add spring onions and toss over the heat to mix.
There you have it, detailed steps to turn your leftover white rice to stir fry rice!