The peppermint chocolate, caramel & crushed biscuits dessert is very well known in South Africa as the final crown many meals wear. The South African dessert made up of big tarts can also be made smaller so they are perfect for as the last meal of a dinner party or just a night in with family.
What you will need
- Graham cracker or digestive biscuits
- 125g butter (optional for mini desserts)
- Peppermint Crisp Tart – 200g
- 1 cup (250ml) cream
- 1 can of caramel (I use a can of condensed milk and boil it for about 4 hours to make a thick caramel)
- Peppermint Chocolate (grated or chopped finely)
Recipe for this South African Dessert
- Crush the biscuits and mix with melted butter
- Whip cream and caramel separately (just enough to loosen up the caramel and stiff peaks for cream)
- Fold caramel into whipped cream
- Then, layer the chocolate after the biscuits and then the cream mixture
- Finally, sprinkle remaining chocolate on top of the tart.