Hi! Welcome to another #SMAFoodie edition, and it’s the Halloween month everyone. You know I missed out on last year’s Halloween because I was so busy, but this year I think I will be going as one of the Zombies from walking Dead or as Crowley from my favorite TV show, “Supernaturals.”
Today’s recipe is on Rolled Sugar Cookies, I have got a warning for you: “Whenever you make these cookies for someone, be sure to bring along several copies of the recipe! You will be asked for it, I promise!”
Ingredients for sugar cookies recipe
- 1 1/2 cups butter, softened
- 2 cups white sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
Directions on this sugar cookies recipe
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Stir in the flour, baking powder, and salt. Cover, and chill dough for at least one hour (or overnight).
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Roll out dough on floured surface 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick. Cut into shapes with any cookie cutter. Place cookies 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 6 to 8 minutes in the preheated oven. Cool completely.
You can make the icing with confectioners’ sugar and milk, make sure you make it fairly thin, thin enough to spread easily but not so thin that it just makes your cookies wet and runs off. And don’t forget to use an aluminum foil, to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.